1. Degree Requirement
1) Minimum of 28 credits should be acquired with at least 24 course credits.
2) Minimum GPA of 3.0 is required for successful completion of the degree.
3) Thesis should be submitted beside the course credits and oral presentation should be passed.
4) Graduate officer of the department can add extra requirements of at most two core courses to be taken after considering the list of courses taken by admitted students for deficiency. The course(s) taken as deficiency are not counted towards the course credit for the degree. Separate forms are to be filled out with the graduate officer's approval and the result should be reported before graduation.
2. Degree Acquiring Process
The steps for acquiring Master's degree are shown in the figure with the description of each steps is in the following paragraphs.
1) Supervisor Selection
Supervising professor is to be selected before the end of the first semester.
2) Course Work Planning
Course work is to be planned within the first year with supervisor's consultation and it needs to be submitted to graduate officer of the department
3) Thesis Committee Selection
At least three professors including the graduating student's supervisor(chairman of the committee) should be selected as thesis committee with supervisor's consultation by the end of the graduating student's last semester. List of the thesis committee is to be submitted to graduate officer after consent of the committee members. Half of the committee members are to be selected by the department.
4) Thesis Submission for Examination
Graduating student should submit his/her thesis at least a week before his/her defense.
5) Thesis Defense
Defense should be held by the end of November for students graduating in February of the following year and by the end of May for students graduating in August of the same year. The defense should take the form of seminar with oral examination of the student's specialized area of research. At least two-third of the committee members should approve the student's passing.
6) Report Submission for Defense Result
Chairman of thesis committee should submit the written report of the student's defense result by the end of December for students graduating in February of the following year and by the end of June for students graduating in August of the same year.
7) Final Thesis Submission
Deadlines for the final copy of thesis submission for graduating in February and August are January 6th and June 6th of the graduating year respectively. One hard copy should be submitted to department office which will be passed onto the University's Office of Academic Information and digital copy should be uploaded onto the university's Digital Library System. Format of the thesis is according to the information written in the university handbook.